Click here to view full article
"When administering electronic surveys, consider the following tips:
- Protect Web surveys with passwords.
- Check the reliability of the hardware, the software, telecommunications, and the computer networks over which the questionnaire is administered.
- Offer a fax or other hard copy alternative to respondents who may not be able to take the electronic version of the survey.
- Provide a help number and a number to report problems.
- Stagger email invitations to help manage the survey.
- Use a multiple contact strategy like that used for mail (paper) surveys.
- Send reminder invitations to encourage responses. Make sure you can access the survey while it is live.
- Monitor the results as they arrive and provide summaries of the data in real time for review.
- Define criteria for what constitutes a ?complete? survey and follow up on incomplete surveys.
- Automatically validate the respondent?s input, if possible."