Importantly, we can also submit our nominations for 2007 (20 categories!). So, if you are vain enough (or really good!) , I suppose you can submit your own blog (or others!). To be honest, I dumped my blog in the 'Best new blog' category for the fun of it!
Awards is one thing, but the real juice to me, is the exploration of the previous winners and success stories. Whether they are deserved winners or not, you can discover a whole lot of juice by simply exploring the 2004, 2005 and 2006 past champions (2007 soon, etc.). Let's recap some of the juice:
- Resource Sharing: OLDaily (and Best individual blog 2005)
- Research Based: Mathemagenic
- Blogged Paper(s): Bridging the Gap: A Genre Analysis of Weblogs
- Design & Beauty: Blaugustine
- Technology Meets Pedagogy: Teaching & Developing Online
- Librarian: Library Stuff
- Most Innovative Edublogging Project: Edublogs
- Most Influential Post, Resource or Presentation: Connectivism: Learning as Network-Creation
- Audio and/or Visual: absolutely intercultural!
- Most Influential Post, Resource or Presentation: K12 Online Conference 2006
- Newcomer: Ed Tech Journeys & tilt!
- Research Paper: Blogs and Community
- Teacher Blog: Have Fun with English! 2
- Wiki: Flat Classroom Project
- Edublog Star Award: Duck Diaries
In short, we can find a lot of juicy blogs on this site that can facilitate our learning in many ways, including in becoming a better 'Edublogger'. Perhaps, we should think of it as a small learning repository containing some of the great 'Edublogs' :)