The 2-day Super MRT (Memory-Reading-Thinking) workshop is Insya-Allah coming to Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM) on 4-5 June, 2015.
In this workshop, you will explore various technology and non-technology techniques to stimulate and empower the brain and senses to be more focused, remember faster, speed read, and think more creatively. In the process, we will discuss how the brain learns, and how we can apply various focus and memorization techniques to improve our ability to remember through visualization, association and imagination. Then, we will learn how to apply the SQ3R method to enhance our reading skills, and various techniques to improve our reading speed. Finally, we will explore our creative minds by adventuring into 2-3 creative thinking tools.
Throughout the workshop there will be individual and collaborative gamified learning activities, so we will Insya-Allah have a lot of relevant fun as we discover how amazing our brain is if we rewire it using a few techniques and tools.
LEARNING OUTCOMESAt the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Discuss how the brain learns;
- Use at least 2 techniques to optimize your learning senses to improve focus;
- Use at least 3 techniques to improve your memory;
- Apply the SQ3R method to enhance your reading skills;
- Use at least 3 techniques to increase your reading speed with comprehension; and
- Apply at least 2 creative thinking tools to improve your creative output individually and in groups.
SLIDESHere we go:
Please introduce yourself on the Padlet Wall:
PICTURESClick here to view the Flickr album of 80+ pictures taken (by mostly me) during the workshop.
Al-Hamdulilla, everything went pretty well, much thanks to do very efficient and caring organisers led by Prof Karim, Prof Hanafi and Nurul Farhana. Also, the USM participants were simply awesome, which made my life as the facilitator so much easier :)