Friday, October 23

#NOOC Launch at USIM with a Secret Recipe!


GOAL

First, I would like to thank Prof. Rozhan M. Idrus (Director, Global Open Access Learning, USIM) and the GOAL Centre team for inviting me to attend Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia (USIM) MOOC, FLOOC (Foreign Language Open Online Course) and BLOOC (Blended Learning Open Online Course) celebration and launch on October 22, 2015.

To add some external flavor to the event, I was also invited to showcase my NOOC (Nano Open Online Course) concept and demo my cost effective and innovative Rapid e-Learning Studio

Here, I am trying my level best to explain to Profesor Dato’ Dr. Musa Ahmad (Vice Chancellor of USIM) what the NOOC idea is all about. 


Also, I did manage to convince him that he can learn how to juggle 3 balls, too (age is not a barrier). Based on the feedback from Prof. Rozhan M. Idrus, it seems like the Vice Chancellor liked what he saw, and we will be collaborating on a few NOOCs in the very near future. 


RAPID E-LEARNING STUDIO

Just before the official event started, Dr. Nurkhamimi Zainuddin (FLOOC Inventor) recorded an impromptu video with his handphone of me explaining briefly about the cheap Rapid e-Learning Studio, which empowers any smart device to become a recorder. The audio quality is not good, and I was kind of shuffling here and there, but Insya-Allah you will pick up some insights on how it works...  



Here is a collage of pictures from the Rapid e-Learning Studio (refer to more pictures below):



SECRET RECIPE

The "Secret Recipe for Remembering Numbers" was recorded at my IMU office desk using the Rapid (and mobile) e-Learning Studio during the early morning (22 October, 2015). I started recording 6:55 am and was finished by 7:14 am (19 minutes). A few adjustments and retakes were needed, but I only did one full recording, and here is the output (Not perfect, but not bad either):




The NOOC entry and IMU ending animated segments were designed by IMU's awesome e-learning team (reusing).


PICTURES

Enjoy the pictures from the USIM adventure:

USIM Visit


I don't think ever in the MOOCified world history, there have been three types of __OOCs launched in one event.  It will be interesting to see how Dr. Najwa Hayaati Mohd Alwi's BLOOC and Dr. Nurkhamimi Zainuddin's FLOOC ideas evolve. 

Also, please don't forget to taste the first official NOOC by CLICKING HERE!


Prof. Rozhan M. Idrus and the GOAL Centre team, THANK YOU SO MUCH for an inspiring day of appreciation and discovery...Al-Hamdulilla :)

No comments: