- MYTH 1: THE ATTRACTION IS THE PRICE TAG
- MYTH 2: THE SAVINGS AREN'T REAL
- MYTH 3: THERE'S NO SUPPORT
- MYTH 4: IT'S A LEGAL MINEFIELD
- MYTH 5: OPEN SOURCE ISN'T FOR MISSION-CRITICAL APPLICATIONS
- MYTH 6: OPEN SOURCE ISN'T READY FOR THE DESKTOP
" (Conclusion)...Is open source right for every organization? In the end, argues Andy Mulholland, chief technology officer for Cap Gemini Ernst & Young, it's a question of attitude. "The arguments for and against open-source software often get very trivialized," he says. "It's not a technology issue; it's a business issue to do with externalization." Companies with an external focus, he says, which are used to working collaboratively with other organizations, and perhaps are already using collaborative technologies, stand to gain much more from open source than companies with an internal focus, which see the technology in terms of cost savings... "