TeacherTube was the idea of Jason Smith, a 14-year veteran educator. Jason has been a teacher, coach, campus administrator and district administrator in public schools. He asked the question, "Why can't teachers, students, and schools utilize the power of the read/write web for learning?" To overcome barriers, he decided to just create a site and get started trying to help...
- Upload, tag and share videos worldwide.
- Upload Support Files to attach your educational Actvities, Assessments, Lesson Plans, Notes, and Other file formats to your video.
- Browse hundreds of videos uploaded by community members.
- Find, join and create video groups to connect with people who have similar interests.
- Customize the experience by subscribing to member videos, saving favorites, and creating playlists.
- Integrate TeacherTube videos on websites using video embeds or APIs.
- Make videos public or private - users can elect to broadcast their videos publicly or share them privately with those they invite.
Most importantly, TeacherTube community members are a major part of the evolution of the site. Members are encouraged to not only upload educationally relevant videos, but also to make constructive comments and use the rating system to show appreciation for videos of value to one as an educator or learner. Users also have the ability to preserve the integrity of the site by flagging inappropriate videos. TeacherTube staff review flagged sites and will remove any inappropriate posts. With more collegial commentary and discussion through messaging and responses, the quality of this resource will only increase ...more"