- Link to Ed Tech Conferences Nov 2007 - June 2008 (429 KB. MS-Word File)
Clayton Wright has released a new version of his conference listings, which Stephen Downes has posted on his site. This version covers Ed Tech and related Education Conferences for Nov 2007 to June 2008 (MS-Word document). In his email, he adds "A couple of minor observations: there are more events in China than previously and a few of the international conferences have moved around the calendar, i.e., an event normally held in July is now being held in February (this usually occurs when the event is moved from the northern to southern hemisphere)." (Source)
This amazing conference list includes more than 400 Ed Tec conferences (426 to be exact!) around the world taking place during the 2007-2008 period. Here are few potential gems from this juicy conference list:
- December 5-7, 2007 International Conference on Virtual Storytelling, 4th, Saint Malo, France.
- December 11-13, 2007 Global Knowledge Conference: Emerging People, Emerging Markets, Emerging Technologies, 3rd, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- December 13-14, 2007 Strategies and Techniques for Implementing Social Collaborative and 3D Learning (Virtual Worlds). Presented online by the E-Learning Guild.
- January 13-16, 2008 International Conference on Intelligent User Interfaces, Canary Islands, Spain.
- January 14-17, 2008 e-Learning Excellence in the Middle East 2008: Define, Design, Deliver. Jumeriah Beach Hotel, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- January 17-18, 2008 Building Immersive Learning Simulations and Serious Games, presented by eLearning Guild, online.
- September 9-11, 2008 Association for Learning Technology Conference - ALT-C 2008: Rethinking the Digital Divide, to be held in Leeds, United Kingdom.
What about February, March, April, etc. Have fun exploring this great Ed Tec conference list compiled by Dr. Clayton R. Wright. Thanks to Clayton, it should not be so tough finding juicy conferences to explore. Finally, according to Clayton, "a complete conference listing for July 2008 onwards should be available in a few months." Something to look forward to! :)